The Vashon Loop
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
- Marking a new milestone: COVID’s three-year mark
VashonBePrepared offers advice for current risk level, news about a possible switch to once-a-year vaccination, a new hotline number for suicide prevention, and more.
- It’s time for PSE to clean up its own mess
The company is committing to only modest reductions of emissions from natural gas.
- Delores J. (Edwards) Barrentine
Delores will be remembered for her strong faith in God as well as her love of nature.
- Mark Allen Ridgeway
He loved basketball, working on cars and motorcycles, car racing, and spending time with his friends and family.
- Eye care product linked to antibiotic-resistant infections
Washington State Department of Health and CDC encourage residents to stop using EzriCare Artificial Tears.
- Gallery cruise boasts Swiftwater opening, quilts and more
Islanders can take to the streets to celebrate the opening of new art exhibits — as well as Swiftwater, an exciting new, artist-run gallery — on Friday, Feb. 3.
- At Chautauqua, third-graders aim to help island elders
It’s a year-long social activism project, chosen by 72 third-grade students in January, that has included a three-week speaker’s series.
- Open Space offers up ‘Fancifool!’ — a show all about love
This award-winning 12-character solo show features dancing, singing, mime, clown, film and edgy social commentary.
Find out when School Schedules change due to weather
Direct link to the Vashon School District Emergency Information – Snow/Weather Schedule changes page can be found here. http://flashalert.net/news.html?id=4288
Stay updated on most King County Schools here: Public Schools Emergency Communication System. www.schoolreport.org
South Sound and Kitsap School information can be found here: www.pugetinfo.net/
Vashon Weather, Forecast, Pass Report & Tide Table
Puget Sound Tide Tables
3 Tide tables for Vashon
National Weather Service
Doppler Radar and Vashon forecast
Vashon Be Prepared – Voice of Vashon – Update
Whenever something happens that you need to know about, we’ll get it out there for you. Stay tuned, Stay warm, stay safe, and stay tuned to VoV Standing By at 1650 am on your AM radio dial.
Do you know what to do? What would you do if your home were damaged so bad you could not stay there? How would you cope with the power being out for seven days or longer? How would you help your neighbor? Making sure that not only you are ready but so will your pets. www.VashonBePrepared.org
- How NHS strikes on Monday 6 February will affect you
What you need to know about strikes by nurses and ambulance workers by the BBC's Zoe Conway.
- Harry Kane: Tottenham striker overtakes Jimmy Greaves as Spurs' all-time top scorer
Harry Kane moves ahead of Jimmy Greaves to become Tottenham's all-time top goalscorer with his 267th goal for the club.
- New images show Nicola Bulley on day she disappeared
Images of Nicola Bulley outside her home on the day she disappeared have been shared with the BBC.
- Ukraine expects renewed Russian offensive later in February
The defence minister's comments come as heavy fighting continues in the eastern Donetsk region.
- Tottenham Hotspur 2-3 Chelsea: Emma Hayes criticises Blues despite topping WSL
Chelsea move back to the top of the Women's Super League by beating Tottenham at Brisbane Road – but manager Emma Hayes calls their display "sloppy".
- Nottingham Forest 1-0 Leeds United: Brennan Johnson strike raises pressure on Jesse Marsch
Brennan Johnson scores the only goal as Nottingham Forest beat Leeds to move six points clear of the Premier League relegation places.
- Rishi Sunak missing from NHS strike talks, says union boss
Unite's leader says the PM should intervene, ahead of the biggest week of walkouts in NHS history.
- IBSF World Championships 2023: Great Britain win joint silver in four-man bobsleigh
Brad Hall, Taylor Lawrence, Greg Cackett and Arran Gulliver finish joint second to claim Britain's first four-man medal at the World Championships since 1939.