The Vashon Loop
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
- New forecast show state revenues won’t be quite as robust as expected
Democratic budget writers say they will be cautious but able to fund their priorities. Senate put out a capital budget Monday.
- Frozen organic strawberries and a tropical fruit blend recalled because of Hepatitis A risk
Two people living in King County have gotten sick.
- On living large, in a tiny house, for three years on Vashon
Living in a tiny house forces you to be deliberate about what you keep and what you let go of, which has been one of the most important lessons I’ve learned in my life.
- Innovative school in Uganda has Vashon ties
Some 8,800 miles from Vashon Island, Washington, in the town of Ntinda, Uganda, there is a thriving center for education and community called Vashon Primary School.
- With record turnout for team, girls’ tennis starts strong
Three junior varsity doubles matches that were played were all won by VHS players.
- VashonBePrepared asks: What if the big one happened today?
Getting earthquake-ready is easier when you break it down into three main steps.
- Bob Mabray
He is sorely missed by his wife, Phyllis, his brother, Bill and sister-in-law Becky.
- Stas Kudla
He was a kind and gentle man who had a passion for natural healing.
Find out when School Schedules change due to weather
Direct link to the Vashon School District Emergency Information – Snow/Weather Schedule changes page can be found here. http://flashalert.net/news.html?id=4288
Stay updated on most King County Schools here: Public Schools Emergency Communication System. www.schoolreport.org
South Sound and Kitsap School information can be found here: www.pugetinfo.net/
Vashon Weather, Forecast, Pass Report & Tide Table
Puget Sound Tide Tables
3 Tide tables for Vashon
National Weather Service
Doppler Radar and Vashon forecast
Extended Forcast and more Current Weather Conditions on the New Weather Page
Vashon Be Prepared – Voice of Vashon – Update
Whenever something happens that you need to know about, we’ll get it out there for you. Stay tuned, Stay warm, stay safe, and stay tuned to VoV Standing By at 1650 am on your AM radio dial.
Do you know what to do? What would you do if your home were damaged so bad you could not stay there? How would you cope with the power being out for seven days or longer? How would you help your neighbor? Making sure that not only you are ready but so will your pets. www.VashonBePrepared.org
- Top Gear filming halted after Freddie Flintoff accident
The BBC said it would be "inappropriate" to resume making the popular TV show's new series for now.
- Average Treasury worker is 34 despite over-50s push
Over-50s are being urged to work but just 10% of Treasury staff are that age, the BBC has learned.
- School inspections will continue, Ofsted boss says
Unions urged a pause after a head killed herself while awaiting a report that downgraded her school.
- Bank warns interest rates will rise again if firms hike prices
The Bank of England boss urges firms to avoid price rises that fuel inflation and hurt the least well off.
- Train Like A Pro: Commonwealth champion gymnast Courtney Tulloch's rings masterclass
Liam Loftus catches up with double Commonwealth champion Courtney Tulloch before the British Gymnastics Championships to learn rope climbing, the rings and a backward somersault.
- Miami Open 2023: Ukraine's Marta Kostyuk refuses handshake with Russia's Anastasia Potapova
Ukraine's Marta Kostyuk refuses to shake hands with Anastasia Potapova after being beaten by the Russian in the second round at the Miami Open.
- Bordeaux town hall set on fire in France pension protests
Fire engulfs the building's front as violence flares in several cities during pension reform protests.
- Lionel Messi: Argentina & Paris St-Germain forward reaches 800 goals
Lionel Messi scores his 800th top-level goal with a free-kick for Argentina in a friendly against Panama in Buenos Aires.